About Aon’s Assessment Solutions
Aon's Assessment Solutions provides clients with powerful tools and insights to help them make better talent decisions at every stage of the employee lifecycle. This includes pre-hire assessments, identifying future leaders, screening for digital skills and agility, and AI-enabled solutions. Aon's Assessment Solutions undertakes 30 million assessments each year in 90 countries and 40 languages.
Come and join our fabulous team as we continue to build our reputation for excellence.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and dynamic global team. The role will involve leading two teams involved at various phases in the sales cycle, one focused on bid management and the other on lead generation. The teams are based in Loughrea, however, there is an opportunity for this individual to work remotely with regular travel to the Loughrea site as needed to support the teams.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output, maintaining relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Set and review KPI’s that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate information through department, team and one-on-one meetings, appropriate electronic communications and regular interpersonal communication.
- Ensuring right technologies are in place, leveraging existing Aon agreements with technology providers when possible
- Finding efficiencies in current approaches, and staying on top of industry trends to ensure teams are operating to level required by the business
- Monitoring competitor, and wider industry trends, regarding approaches to lead generation and proposal writing
- Working closely with marketing team to ensure all content is on brand, and following the story set out from marketing
- Collaborating with marketing on lead gen activities, and ensuring all leads are picked up by relevant teams globally
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals through delegation of responsibility, enabling accountability and promoting regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas in order to deliver optimum working solutions and the appreciation of diversity in order to work together effectively, enabling each employee and teams overall to succeed.
- Lead employees to meet Aon’s expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment using a performance management and development process that encourages employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years of leadership experience in management or supervisory positions, preferably within a sales environment
- Excellent communication skills across multiple levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Outstanding organisational management and interpersonal relationship building and employee development skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
What we offer
Our company emphasizes pioneer thinking, client- centricity, career progression, and personal and professional integrity. This includes having…
- a stimulating work environment
- flat hierarchies and an open, internationally minded team
- a supportive and responsive team culture
- opportunities to learn in a dynamic, fast paced working environment