As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective data solutions. You will be accountable for achieving new, renewal and expansion annuity business within your sector focus, as well as generating referrals for reward advisory colleagues.
- Responsible for direct product sales to new clients in your territory. Must pursue sales with determination, perseverance and confidence and urgency in responsiveness.
- Responsibility for retention of current clients in the portfolio. Manage renewal accounts including expanding revenues from data service offerings, and referrals. It also includes responsibility for quality of the data collected which is supported by the data services operations team. As required, ensure survey inputs are received as of scheduled survey deadline when retention of client is at risk.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to negotiating terms of sales and closing business. Interface with prospects up the through the CxO level spanning emerging companies to global enterprises, with the ability to engage with sector expertise.
- Potential development and management of an inter-sector network/roundtable forum group.
- Support and shared responsibility for Europe and local marketing initiatives.
- Actively learn and maintain knowledge of all data services, survey processes and value proposition to prospects and clients
- Understand AON’s consulting offerings, listens for consulting leads and forward as applicable.
Skills & Competencies:
- Superior professional selling and account management skills, negotiation and closing abilities.
- Sector knowledge on the business issues and hot topics in your sector and strong understanding of the jobs.
- Excellent analytical skills to assess and communicate about what drives a client to rely on AON’s resources.
- Ability to hear and act autonomously on a prospect/clients ideas, goals and objectives to provide superior service. Focused listening skills with innovation in solving client and prospect objectives/needs with data solutions.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to establish and meet goals and priorities.
- Knowledge of the Human Resources function, and good understanding of the compensation and benefits discipline.
- SalesForce and online meeting presentation tools for selling. Proficiency in Windows-based software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as the Internet.
Reporting Line & Internal Relationships:
- The Sales Account Manager reports to the European Sales Director or Team Leader. The role will deliver on the annual sales targets and other accountabilities in this position description.
- Work proactively to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships internally/externally. Communicate efficiently between data services teams including sales, operations, accounting, and reward consulting team members, as well as other Aon departments.
- Internal cooperative sales team environment encourages goal-oriented collaboration among sales team members with focus on both individual and team achievement.
What we offer
Our company emphasizes pioneer thinking, client-centricity, career progression, and personal and professional integrity. This includes having…
- a stimulating work environment
- flat hierarchies and an open, internationally minded team
- a supportive and responsive team culture
- opportunities to learn in a dynamic, fast paced working environment