Aon plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon (McLagan) are currently recruiting a Director to join the Financial Services Data Solutions team to lead our Financial Services offering in Germany. The role will be primarily responsible for relationship management, as well as the continued development of our annual compensation studies and data-led consulting projects. Our banks team works across all the leading financial services firms across Europe and our industry focus, on-going client work and proprietary study data, allows us to frame each consulting project with a broad business context and apply our keen understanding of competitive issues and best practices to help firms make better decisions.
The main area of responsibility will be to lead our Financial Services data solutions business in Germany. Thereby you will
- Own and develop existing client relationships, build strong and senior relationships with clients to become a trusted advisor and partner, understand clients’ challenges and needs, identify opportunities and deliver data-led solutions, develop the business with a focus on growing our client base, understand economic and regulatory trends impacting clients
- Ensure delivery of accurate market compensation data with support of the dedicated client operations team and analyze compensation trends in the context of wider global and European business and economic performance
- Understand clients’ challenges and strategy, identify consulting opportunities for McLagan and the wider Human Capital Solutions business, establish and manage (new) consulting projects and deliver project to clients
- Be responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework and in compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
- Take on a supervisory/mentoring role for more junior staff and take a proactive role in sharing experience and expertise
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree qualified, ideally in a numerate discipline
- Solid understanding of and interest in financial services
- Expert in German market trends regarding compensation and the factors affecting reward structures (in-house rewards experience within the financial services sector desirable)
- Driven by client service, able to develop business by understanding clients´ requirements and develop solutions for challenging requests
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven record of ability to distil large amounts of data into a coherent message that facilitates clients´ decision-making
- Solid project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong verbal and written communication
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
What we offer
Our company emphasizes pioneer thinking, client- centricity, career progression, and personal and professional integrity. A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.