Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective reward data solutions. As Business Development Associate you will support our European Commercial team in strategically sourcing and consolidating leads to set the business up for success.
Based on our proven business model and accelerated growth in one of the fastest growth areas for Human Capital Solutions at Aon, this highly visible role provides a foundation and platform to develop your commercial acumen and provide an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to build a successful career in sales.
• Proactively identify decision makers/ contact leads in strategic accounts through creative research and generate appointments
• Utilize resources such as XING, LinkedIn and other external data sources
• Identify new companies in specific target industry markets
• Navigate and profile organizational structures for priority accounts identified by sales management
• As a key member of the team, collaborate with Sales Managers to execute growth strategies for sector and account plans according to business priorities
• Participate in team meetings and contribute valuable ideas
• Results Driven Assignments
• Work towards weekly/monthly targets in line with team goals
• Keeping product/ solution(s) knowledge up to date
• Accurately load and update relevant client information into Aon’s CRM
Skills & Competencies:
• Proactive Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in German and English - French would also be advantageous.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to establish and meet goals and priorities.
• Knowledge of the Human Resources function, and good understanding of the compensation and benefits discipline.
• Experience using/cleaning external sources of data such as Hoovers and OneSource to validate company information and add new companies/ contracts. Experience with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Reporting Line & Internal Relationships:
• Business Development Associate will report to the European Team Leader. The role will deliver on the specific targets and other accountabilities in this position description.
• Work proactively to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships internally/externally.
• Internal cooperative sales team environment encourages goal-oriented collaboration among sales team members with focus on both individual and team achievement.
What we offer
Our company emphasizes pioneer thinking, client- centricity, career progression, and personal and professional integrity. This includes having…
- a stimulating work environment
- flat hierarchies and an open, internationally minded team
- a supportive and responsive team culture
- opportunities to learn in a dynamic, fast paced working environment